Barely Readable Diary has moved! New posts will now appear over at Cheeky Goblin. There's also a new RSS feed for subscribers. Existing posts here will remain here to preserve permalinks. Thanks!

My first video posting

@diaryofawizard suggested I use XFire for recording video, and it works great. So without further ado, here's a quick video of us fighting Soul Scavenger, a rank 3 undead boss:



Two issues: the video is a bit choppy, which is odd, because it's not choppy when I'm playing, even during recording; and there doesn't seem to be any sound. This is probably because I play with the sound turned right down (but not off). I might have to increase the framerate I'm recording at, lower my game resolution, and crank up the volume when I'm recording. To be honest, I'm a complete beginner when it comes to recording game video, so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: here's another attempt with Soul Scavenger, this time Boris solo, and with some super lame post-processing, courtesy of Windows Movie Maker:

Labels: ,